Parents sometimes have to bring their kids to places where there isn’t readily available entertainment or are running low on fun ideas. Our BFC sitters are experts in drumming up ideas, so we figured we’d share some impromptu child activities:
- 1. Host a Hoola Hoop & Limbo contest with the neighborhood kids! Have the kids make signs & promote the contest. Invite parents to attend, set up & play!
Props: hoola hoop & some music
- 2. For the car ride, play rounds of “I Spy”
Props: Nothing necessary!
- 3. Play a game of Keep it Up! This is classic, get a balloon or pool ball & play rounds of keep it up. This game can be played anywhere & it can go on for hours. Make teams, play-one-on-one & more.
Props: Balloon or pool ball
- 4. Duck, Duck, Goose. Okay another classic. This gets the kids outside or can be played indoors & encourages them to be active!
Props: Nothing necessary!
- 5. Hot & Cold Treasure Hunt. Designate one person to be ‘it’ & direct the other person to go find the hidden treasure by following the map. ‘It’ is responsible for telling the other when they are ‘hot’ or ‘cold’
Props: Treasure map style-hide toy(s) through the house & then map it out for them to follow
If you do not have any props/toys to work with here are some other fun ideas!
- 1. Read books (maybe rent a few from your local library to bring with you on your outing)
- 2. Color (bring crayons and construction paper if you have on hand)
- 3. Dance parties (a Bell Family favorite). Download kidzbop on pandora for an instant dance party; they also have a children’s sing along station which could be fun!
I recently attended a very informative seminar about how to pay your nanny and learned a wealth of information about having a written contract, decided on the standard weekly hours, tax information , health care and worker’s compensation.
Nikki Kristol, MST is a Upper Westside wife and mother of two with a Masters degree in taxation. She is an enrolled agent with extensive domestic and international tax experience. She is also the owner of My Home Payroll, a Total Nanny Solution Agency.
Nikki facilitated a very informative, easy to understand seminar about the simplest and most straightforward ways to pay in home domestic employees. In addition to assisting her clients completing the necessary forms, she showed how families can help their nannies get health care coverage at reasonable rates and show families how to apply for possible subsidies to off set the cost.
Did you know that worker compensation is an absolute necessity if you employee domestic workers? Nikki and her Home Payroll team know exactly how to navigate the often ambiguous, confusing tax and government process so your nanny and your family can be prepared and covered.
My Home Payroll is also offering all NY Nanny Center and Bell Family (BFC) Families 20% off the setup fees when you enroll for services. In addition to providing you all the needed support, knowledge and action to pay your nanny on the books and save your family money, My Home Payroll can take care of processing your nanny’s (and other domestic worker’s) paycheck with direct deposit.
For more information about paying on the books, compensation packages, taxes and payroll services, please contact Nikki Kristol at 917.929.9486/[email protected] or visit www.myhomepayroll.com