Once you have spoken with a counselor at Suburban Jungle and have decided that you are in fact moving to the burbs, call our friends over at Platinum Drive Realty – one of the premier Realty groups in Westchester, covering the county as well as Fairfield, CT. below are the top 10 reasons to consider confirming that moving truck and kissing the concrete jungle goodbye according to agent Seth Keslow who made the move himself a few years ago.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider Moving to Westchester from Manhattan:
10) Price per square foot. Imagine having more than a 10 x 10 area for 4 people and much more for much less money!
9) Overall quality of life for you and your family – much less hustle ad bustle, so me time and fresh air.
8) Open Spaces and trees – Most people are happy to have a slightly longer commute for the payoff of having trees , a yard and much more.
7) A sense of community and involvement – Every town in Westchester offers excellent community and recreational opportunities such as beautiful parks, sports teams for adults and children, tennis courts, community pools and more.
6) Private laundry within your home – No more schlepping your laundry through public hallways, elevators or even streets. Most city residents never have the opportunity to have their own washer and dryers within their home.
5) Super Markets! – HUGE super markets (and a variety of them including Stew Leonard and Fairway!) with plenty of room for wagons and strollers in each isle and everything you need for your home under one roof.
4) Property taxes in Westchester are higher then in NYC – BUT the schools are worth every penny and are FREE.
3) Privacy – Having a large backyard to host friends and family for a barbeque without having all the nosey neighbors across the street being voyeurs.
2) Safety – Having a sense of safety for you and your family with less threats of terror. Having your sense of physical, spiritual, financial, and more protected against failure and harm.
1) Education – Some of the best public schools in our country. In addition, many of the public schools in Westchester are better and higher rated than the private schools in NYC and without the cost.