Raising kids is hard, and every parent is striving to do their best. That’s why we love honest articles like this one from Scary Mommy.
The author leads us through how to “give yourself the best odds of producing a great human being, and also make it through the first 18 years of his or her life with your sanity (mostly) intact.” Check out her top ten recommendations below:
- Teach your kid to sleep and stick to a schedule (for bedtime and naps)
- Stop comparing yourself to other parents and know that social media is just a portrayal of all the pretty things!
- Accept that there is no easy button
- Be consistent and follow through
- Give your kids responsibility
- Stop making excuses for your kids
- Be flexible
- Don’t be afraid to say NO. You can check out our in-house nanny coordinator Ali’s thoughts on this one too on our blog.
- Let them fail (this one is really hard!)
- Chill- think if this is something that’s really important in the big picture? That mustard stain on their shirt in the school picture will only be hilarious 10 years down the line.
Are there any others they missed? Any you have trouble with? We’d love to hear from you!