Every family has a different set of rules and preferences when it comes to protecting their family and caregivers during COVID-19. We will ask each family for what makes them feel most comfortable and communicate that to each caregiver. We will also communicate any questions or requests from the caregiver to the family.
Best practices that caregivers (sitters and nannies) are taking:
- Wearing masks
- Wearing gloves
- Carrying disinfectant wipes and ensuring that they wipe down all surfaces that they come in contact with on the way to work (car door handles, building doors, stroller handles, etc.)
- Being advised to not shake hands with anyone
- Washing hands upon entering a home for 20 seconds with soap and warm water
- Ensuring they take off shoes at the front door or outside family home; some are leaving coats at the door or bringing a change of clothes separate from what they wore commuting
- Keeping a safe distance (6 feet) from others when able to
- Asking parents’ permission prior to touching/holding a child
Bell Family Company asks each caregiver the following preliminary questions before meeting a family:
- Would you be able to share if you have had your flu shot this year? If you have proof, are you able to send that to us?
- Would you be able to share if you have traveled anywhere within the last 30 days? If yes, where? Was it via plane, train, car, etc.?
- What type of public transportation do you take?
- Are you able to share if you are currently sick? Are you able to share if you have a temperature? If yes, are you able to share your symptoms?
- Are you able to share if you have quarantined for 14 days? If yes, what were the dates?
- Have you been in contact with any other people over the past 14 days? If yes, are you able to share who?
Disclaimer: The information and guidance provided in this document is believed to be current and accurate at the time of posting, but it is not intended as, and should not be construed to be, legal, financial, medical, or consulting advice.