It’s important not only to make a great first impression, but also to maintain ongoing good etiquette and manners to keep the relationship between you and the family healthy and happy!
Here are some helpful tips to ensure excellence:
- The family wants to like you, so make it easy for them! Present yourself with grace and warmth, and SMILE!
- Be sure to look the part. Be clean, groomed and put-together, while keeping your appearance kid-friendly and comfortable (i.e., nothing low-cut, above the knees, torn, dirty or see-through).
- Don’t use inappropriate language or chew gum.
- When first meeting the parents, it’s respectful to address them by Mr. or Ms. “Last Name” until they ask you to call them by their first name. Introduce yourself with eye contact, a handshake and a smile!
- Follow the family rules (even when you don’t agree). If you have questions about this, ask our team and we’d be happy to help.
- Be aware of using the family’s things and what is permitted or off limits.
- When running late, always email/text that you are behind. Do not make it a habit, but we and families understand transportation can have delays.
- Ask in advance if you need to leave early (a week’s notice is appropriate timing).
- If you get sick and you are a full or part time nanny, let the family know well in advance. If you are a sitter, email HQ and let them know so they can find a replacement.
Great nanny & sitter characteristics:
Looking to hire a babysitter or nanny in NYC? Bell Family Company provides fully vetted on-demand babysitting, including childcare for when a child is sick, full and part time nannies, baby nurses, temporary care and more! Learn why BFC is the best NY Childcare Agency servicing the tri-state area. BFC is the best in the business! Contact us today to hire a nanny in NYC or to book the best babysitters in NYC!