It seems like it’s getting harder and harder to find ways to keep children entertained these days. To get away from the TV screens that seem to follow us everywhere, we put together this impressive list of fun activities, so both you and your child can fight the power of boredom.
1. Go to the park, make friends!
2. Make a treasure hunt – get some paper, crayons, and map out the hunt and hide the treasures.
3. Go on a nature hike – pack a zip lock baggie and gather all the cool things you find on the hike, and then write about them when you get back home.
4. Make clean up a game! Sing a song and chart how much you cleaned up.
5. Schedule a play date.
6. Hit the library – see if they have reading corners scheduled, research some great books and find them at the library.
7. Create your own book – encourage the child to get super creative.
8. Dance party – get music and make up a dance.
9. Try out a new restaurant and pretend to be a food critic.
10. Play tourist for a day.
11. Make an obstacle course outside or inside if the space is big enough.
12. Play board games.
13. Go for an I SPY walk. Make a list of all items you need to find, take a camera and snap the photos.
14. Babysitting for girls? Create at home spa day.
15. Go pottery painting.
16. My favorite – build a fort. Use pillows, blankets, blocks, anything you can, and have the kids visit each other in the fort they build.
17. Make a collage of photos.
18. Cook or bake with the kids. Have them follow the recipe, read it out loud, teach them about measurements.
19. Chalk drawing outside on the sidewalks.
20. Build a town – with a banker, hotel, restaurant, and have each child run the shop. They will love it!
Special thanks to The Centsible Life and our Founder, Lindsay Bell, for the great ideas!
Written by our Marketing & Social Media Coordinator, Taylor Bell!