Holiday travel season is here, and people everywhere are wishing they could magically wake up in their desired destination without having to deal with the crowds of people. Travelling with the kiddos can be an added challenge, but what’s the holiday season without some hurdles, right?
We took to investigating some travel tips to help parents keep the kiddos entertained during both air and road travel. First up, try these ideas when it’s time for wheels up.
- Story time: Bring a classic story to life with finger puppets! Three Little Pigs, anyone?
- Who’s that relative: Use photos of Grandma, Grandpa and other family members to play the guessing game.
- Origami: Fold origami paper into cranes and caterpillars. Print pages from the site Origami Club for simple-to-follow directions.
- Arts and doodles: Don’t underestimate the power of a roll of stickers. Pro tip: for coloring, bring triangle crayons so they don’t roll off the tray.
Keeping your feet on the ground for holiday travels? Try out these road trip games for fun entertainment!
- Road trip bingo: Search for road trip sights like bicycles, wind turbines and airplanes. The first player to find five in a row wins!
- Word search road trip style: Search for road trip-themed words using the word search puzzle template.
- Are we there yet: Write in and number the cities you plan to pass during your route on the template cards. String the cards around the car and have the kids take down the card once you’ve conquered another city.
- Scavenger hunt: Check off the road trip-themed list while in the backseat, at a rest stop, or while out exploring together.
- Moving truck mural: Kids can practice their drawing skills to replicate the murals of moving trucks they spot while on the road.
- License plate game: See how many license plates you can find during your road trip and check them off the map.
All templates for the road trip games can be found here.
Happy travels, families!
Written by our Marketing & Social Media Consultant, Taylor Bell