We’re spinning off of our October blog, “Infant 411″, by bringing you some every day tips to keep in mind with your toddler(s). You can thank the toddler master, Mama Bell, for her first-hand experience through her five children.
1. Cut food into small enough pieces to prevent choking.
2. Make sure steps are blocked with gates or obstacles to keep them from falling.
3. Watch that all toys are age appropriate as they put everything in their mouths.
4. Door knobs of rooms that are unsafe for children to enter should be covered.
5. Kitchen cupboard doors and drawers need to be safeguarded as there are many unsafe things to get into. Things on countertops need to be put out of their reach–move back towards the wall.
6. Keep toilet seats down.
7. Make sure when putting them to bed, all toys and extra blankets are removed.
8. When put into high chairs, strollers, or anything else, make sure the straps and buckles are secure.
Written by our Marketing & Social Media Coordinator, Taylor Bell!