Deciding what childcare fits best for your family can turn into a long and stressful decision. To sort through the many options available to parents, it’s important to ask yourself questions prior to making a decision. Read below, an article published by Huffington Post, and find yourself ready to make a decision faster than ever.
1. How many hours a day will I need childcare and for which days?
2. How much flexibility do I need? Will there be days I need to leave the child longer? Or will I work part-time some weeks and full-time other weeks?
3. What is my budget? What can I afford to pay?
4. Do I want the caregiver to have a childcare education or specialized degree? Or is experience enough?
5. Do you prefer more individualized care for your child or more of a group environment?
6. What size of a group do you prefer for your child to be in?
a.) For example, do you mind there being 20 other children in a class or would you rather it was a very small class–like 5? Maybe you would prefer your child to be with his/her siblings most of the time and then have play times with other children?
7. Do you need some other help around the house, like doing the child’s laundry or fixing his/her meals?
8. How will your employer handle it if you need to take a day off if the caregiver is ill?
For the full Huffington Post article click here.
Have a great week everyone!