Bell Family Company’s Infant Expert Training course was held on January 26, 2016 for a select group of our most seasoned infant sitters. Pager.com (app for on demand healthcare) teamed with Bell Family to provide pertussis and flu vaccines to any sitters in need of a boost. Bell Family had an array of teachers, coaches, moms, and experts in the field for the course, from an RN to a psychologist, Licensed Social Worker and a Doula.
The course covered many topics including newborn safety, sleep training, when to call the doctor, calming a fussy baby, and SIDS.
Tammy Gold (Licensed Therapist and Certified Parent Coach Author, Secrets Of The Nanny Whisperer, and mother of three) spoke on:
- Presentation/boundaries, and
- How to communicate with families, parents, and new moms.
Ali Shepard (Our in house Nanny Coordinator/LMSW) spoke on:
- Newborn development and infant directed speech,
- Ali educated participants on early childhood development stages such as, Cognitive, Communication, Social-Emotional, Adaptive and Physical Development, and
- How to communicate with newborns and infants based on their age.
Inka Rudnyka (Postpartum Doula and mother) spoke on:
- Latching, and troubleshooting if a mother is having trouble trying to latch,
- How to prepare breast milk, and
- Burping methods.
Amy Sulce (Pager RN) spoke on:
- Umbilical cord care,
- Bathing a baby,
- Sleeping pattern and positioning,
- Weight loss/gain for a newborn,
- Elimination patterns, and
- Feeding patterns and techniques.
Lindsay Bell (Company President and new mom) spoke on:
- The Happiest Baby on the Block: The 5 S’s - Swaddling, Side or Stomach positioning, Shushing, Swing and Suck, and
- Understanding postpartum depression.
Written by Meredith Hamler, Coordinator, Sitter Services